Friday, June 9, 2023

Do you want to get a green card through employment? Here we will tell you how to do it

The document granting legal permanent residency to a foreigner in the United States is known as a Green Card. This can be achieved directly through the sponsorship of a US relative, or through the visa lottery. Such a card can also be obtained through employment or asylum or refugee status.Green cards are sponsored by employers through employment. These are given to foreigners who have a US preferential immigrant visa and who have the letters EB as their identifier.

Green Card First Preference Through Employment (EB-1) includes priority workers. They will be foreigners with great merit in science, art, education, business, or sports. This group also includes prominent professors and researchers and executives or managers of multinational companies.

Second preference (EB-2) includes professional aliens with a master’s degree or exceptional skills required by US companies. Finally, the third preference (EB-3) covers specialized foreign workers as well as professionals.

But how do I apply for a green card?

To apply for a green card, you must first submit a Labor Certification or Application (ETA-750) to the Department of Labor. Through this process, the national labor market determines whether a resident can perform a certain job.

Then, you must file USCIS Form 1-140, Petition for Alien Immigrant Worker. It is important here that the employer acts as a financial sponsor, so that you have minimum wage without the need for government assistance.

Finally, those who have an EB-1, EB-2, or EB-3 visa and reside in North America can file Form I-485 with USCIS. In this case, biometric data is taken and an application for permanent residence registration or adjustment of status is made. That’s all for applying for a green card without leaving the country.

A green card is listed as an extremely important requirement for obtaining US citizenship, and through it you can work and live legally.

Clearly preference will be given to those who pass the background check filter and have authorization from an employer to work in the country. If you have a criminal record or have violated immigration law at some point, you will most likely not be provided with this document.

Times of National
Times of National
Times of National To give more information about the latest happenings, news related to happenings in the country and abroad a casual understanding of the latest technology products and gadgets, celebrity news and gossip, latest movie news, sports, and cricket scores all you need Always ready to fulfill whatever else is becoming a part of our life nowadays.
Latest news
Related news


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here