Top image: Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres during the UN General Assembly in New York on September 19, 2023. BRYAN R. SMITH / AFP
- In his speech to the UN General Assembly in New York on Tuesday, Volodymyr Zelensky accused Moscow of using food and energy. “like weapons” and believed that Russia had not “There is no right to possess nuclear weapons”. The President of Ukraine added that Russia’s transfer of “Tens of thousands” of Ukrainian children in the territories occupied by Ukraine is “clearly a genocide.”
- During the night of Monday to Tuesday, a drone attack took place in Lviv, resulting in the death of one person. The attack occurred “around 5 am”The Ukrainian emergency service detailed on Tuesday: “As a result, three warehouses with an area of 9,450 square meters caught fire. There are victims. Firefighting operations continue. »
- Six civilians were killed in a Russian bombing in Kupiansk, in the east, the governor of the Kharkiv region announced Tuesday at noon on Telegram.
- Two people were killed and one injured in an attack in Kherson. “A trolleybus carrying passengers was hit by enemy artillery. The injured were hospitalized.”Ihor Klymenko, Ukraine’s acting interior minister, said Tuesday on Telegram.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky arrived in the United States on Monday. At night, he went to the bed of seriously wounded Ukrainian soldiers in a New York hospital. He is scheduled to attend the United Nations (UN) General Assembly on Tuesday and then meet with Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva. He is scheduled to meet with his American counterpart, Joe Biden, on Thursday in Washington.
- The Ukrainian counteroffensive “constantly progressing”estimates the US Secretary of Defense. Lloyd Austin also announced that American M1 Abrams tanks promised to travel to kyiv at the beginning of the year. “will soon enter Ukraine.”
- Ukraine requests “repair” against Russia before the International Court of Justice. Kyiv accuses Russia of carrying out “imperialist war”of “I want to delete (Ukraine) from the menu “ and “despise” international law.
- A freighter carrying grain leaves Chornomorsk, a Ukrainian port on the Black Sea, despite the threat of Russian attacks, Ukrainian authorities announced.
- kyiv announces that it has filed a complaint with the World Trade Organization against three countries of the European Union – Poland, Slovakia and Hungary – which have extended their embargo on Ukrainian grain imports despite the lifting of restrictions decided by Brussels.
Watch our live stream starting Monday, September 18 by clicking this link.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Reportage. kyiv is gradually losing track of Ukrainian children deported to Russia
The facts. On the Black Sea, kyiv is trying to create another grain circulation corridor.
Reportage. The stigmata of Izioum, a year after its liberation
Video. Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin met in Russia
Analyze. The meeting between Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-un, the beginning of reinforced and partly secret cooperation
Decoded. With the meeting of Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-un, Pyongyang wants to demonstrate that its capacity for action extends beyond Northeast Asia
Editorial. Kim-Putin: a worrying summit of pariahs
Decoded. In Ukraine, the dilemma of holding elections in the middle of war
Chronic. Sylvie Kauffmann: “After nineteen months, do not talk about a clean war or the war of the future to the “heroes of Ukraine” returning from the front”
Criticism. “Monument to Russian oppression”, monograph of the “ideological enemy” of Vladimir Putin
Cards. Maps of the war in Ukraine, from the beginning of the Russian invasion, in February 2022